Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Replaced strut mount on Jeep Cherokee KL

Replaced strut mount on Jeep Cherokee KL




I was experiencing a clunk when turning the wheel, on tight turns and certain other times. I thought it was because of the lift I installed and lived with it. When I had the Jeep in for a software update the dealer said I needed a new strut and "related components". Made sense that it would be the strut mount and that is exactly what ended up needing to be replaced. So I made a project out of it.

Jeep did not make this strut to easily come out and replace. I did the strut mount replacement only on the driver's side. Some say to remove the knuckle, I instead went this route with the spring compressors. A hassle either way but the price was right.

2016 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4x4 AD1 2.4l 4cyl



Mark Ferdinand's Books 



Cherokee KL strut mount

No comments:

Post a Comment